Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sunday Sept. 14th Coming Home

So, we were up about 7:30am, Tim had a cab coming for us at 8:30am, we would have taken the Metro but Tim had two suitcases and the backpack...too much to maneuver through crowds. So, he headed out to a bakery for one last baguette and pain au chocolat while I got ready. We were in the lobby by 8:20am where our cab was waiting. Another friendly and interesting cab driver. He was from Cambodia originally, left there with nothing and moved to Paris...We got to the airport in plenty of time...got through the lines...they were long to get to the ticket counter. We got to our gate...I got one last Orangina (I have decided I LOVE the stuff). My throat was really sore by now...Tim and I were both feeling a little less than perfect. We boarded and headed back to the states. Couldn't help but compare United to Lufthansa...I flew the German airline to Europe...clean, spacey relaxed...United to the states...it was more cramped, more strict...less friendly. I watched MISS PETTIGREW SAVES THE DAY and PRINCE CASPIAN. We arrived in Chicago about 1:45pm...had to go through customs, get our bags and recheck them...more lines. But, we managed to get through. Our flight to Spokane didn't leave until 8pm so we had Peter and Katherine meet us and we went back to their place to hang out for awhile. They had a great snack for us. Tim was bemoaning the fact that food just won't be as good anymore. Sure he misses BBQ and Mexican...but the food on the plane was vile compared to the food in France. He was really going through withdrawal! I assured him he can get some pretty good French pastries at the Liberty Lake Farmer's Market! It was great to see Peter and Katherine! Then, before we knew it we were back to the airport and waiting to leave. We had to wait for our pilots. Once in Spokane (I couldn't tell you how the flight was, I slept the WHOLE time!) We got off to get our luggage...I lost the luggage lottery and mine ended up in PHOENIX???? really, how does that happen? Anyway, they promised to deliver it on Monday and we left to head home.

No comments: